Topics of research
* Medicinal chemistry programs focused on kynurenine pathway, signal transduction, DNA repair system.
* Identification of novel drug targets based on chemical biology.
* Screening of novel biological active compounds from manine organisms.
* Functional analyses of anti-inflammatory agents isolated from microorganisms.
* Development of novel reaction using lanthanide Lewis acids.
The scope of our laboratory is creation of new molecular entities (NCEs) for drug development. We are conducting several medicinal chemistry projects on oncology, inflammation and CNS. Our strengths are practical medicinal chemistry by principal investigator’s abundant experiences in pharmaceutical companies and academia. Research in this area exploits:
--- Synthesis and design including structure-based drug design (SBDD) of bioactive small molecules;
--- Screening for hit/active identification including marine organisms;
--- Medicinal chemistry for hit-to-lead studies (optimization);
Also, we explore novel therapeutic targets based on chemical biology and develop novel organic reactions. Research in this area exploits:
--- Identification of novel drug targets based on chemical biology
--- Development of novel reaction using lanthanide Lewis acids.