- 1887 Koshu Gakko is established in Tsukiji, Tokyo.
- 1928 A new school building is completed in Shinjuku, Tokyo (now the Shinjuku Campus), and the school moves to the new site. The name of the school is changed to Kogakuin.
- 1949 Kogakuin University is certified under the new school system. The Faculty of Engineering is established.
- 1963 The Hachioji Campus opens in Nakano-machi, Hachioji.
- 1964 The Graduate School of Engineering master's program is established.
- 1966 The Graduate School of Engineering doctoral program is established.
- 1989 A high-rise building is constructed on the Shinjuku Campus.
- 1992 A mid-rise building and office building are constructed on the Shinjuku Campus.
- 2006 The Faculty of Informatics and Faculty of Global Engineering are established.
- 2011 The School of Architecture is established.
Koshu Gakko building in Tsukiji